Write a few pages in which you obsess over something meaningless.

  I often wondered what others thought of me. What was their point of view when they were around me? I wonder if they like my hair, or my outfit. I wonder if I’m being too loud or too flamboyant. I found myself obsessing over making sure people like me. Doing everything I can to be liked, even if its by the wrong crowd. I found myself doing things I wouldn’t normally do.

 I found myself being mean to others to fit in. Trying to keep up with all the latest fashion trends or talking a certain way, but no matter how hard I tried it was never enough. I eventually realized that you cant make everyone like you and you cant make everyone happy. There’s always going to be someone who doesn’t like you and thats okay. As long as you like who you are that’s all that matters. It’s meaningless and pointless trying to get everyone to like you if you aren’t being yourself. As long as you are your true authentic self than there will be someone who likes you for you. Once I realized that, I realized how meaningless everyone else’s opinions on me were.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/24/23

Write about a secret being revealed.